Cheat's souffle with three cheeses
This is either a giant egg pancake or a giant doughy omelette, depending how you look at it. You can play with the cheeses as much as you want, but I like to keep things light by always including cottage cheese.
- 30g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 225ml whole milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200g cottage cheese
- 350g Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 75g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Butter a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the beaten eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and grated cheese. Dot small lumps of the cream cheese and butter over the egg mixture, and then fold in with a spoon.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and set all the way through. This is ideal served with a light tomato and watercress salad.